Noun(1) a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information(2) a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material(3) a report (often malicious
Verb(1) make or write a comment on(2) explain or interpret something(3) provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases
(1) Nicholas started to count, ignoring her snide comment and commencing on his plan.(2) The office staff provided comment on the issue of academic freedom and grading in connection with that dispute.(3) We invite comment on the event from any parties who might be able to provide an explanation for such a large magnetic anomaly.(4) the company would not comment on the venture(5) This essay is apparently a revised version of one which appeared earlier, and which aroused a certain amount of comment and ire.(6) A number of head teachers refused to comment on the changes.(7) their second single is a comment on the commercial nature of raves(8) I want to thank all of the people who read and comment on my writing.(9) Laurel Canyon is trying to make a social comment but as the film fails to be really engaging it is lost underneath all the soap opera.(10) the film is a comment on urban life(11) Members will remember that Johnson made a similar comment along those lines.(12) Industry concern over the need to identify new sources of revenue marks another area of comment and discussion.(13) we welcome public comment(14) The first line seems innocent enough, but it's important that you comment it out.(15) there was no comment on this controversy(16) Although the majority verdict reform will inevitably attract comment and discussion, it is not radical.
(1) comment on :: komentovat
(2) comment out :: zakomentovat
(3) general comment :: obecný komentář
(4) make a comment :: dělat poznámky
(5) favorable comment :: příznivý komentář
(6) request for comment :: Žádost o komentář
(7) decline to comment :: odmítly komentovat
1. remark ::
2. discussion ::
3. note ::
4. gossip ::
5. commentary ::
6. remark on ::
7. remark ::
8. point out ::
9. gloss ::
comment, commented, commenting, comments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
or some inappropriate COMMENT?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
Priya just made a snide COMMENT
about your acting career.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
a COMMENT on your hotness
but on my goodness.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
Hey, Trent just liked our COMMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
Bert, Rebecca, I'd like to apologize
for my insensitive COMMENT earlier.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
English to Czech Dictionary: comment
Meaning and definitions of comment, translation in Czech
language for comment with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of comment in Czech and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'comment'
What comment means in Czech, comment meaning
in Czech, comment
definition, examples and pronunciation
of comment in Czech language.