Noun(1) a daily written record of (usually personal(2) a personal journal (as a physical object
(1) A written symptom diary was completed each morning, and spirometry was performed twice daily.(2) I shall write in this diary every night, so that if something happens, there'll at least be some kind of record.(3) I was reading Mother's diary , and in one entry she admitted her secret.(4) If the student writes an online diary on an external website, we won't know unless the student tells us.(5) A travel diary recording all activities is also required to be kept by members in these circumstances.(6) Pulling out the small spiral diary , she opened it up to the first page.(7) After all, she couldn't deny that she'd read a secret diary or two in her day.(8) During all this time every half hour I faithfully updated the electronic diary the consumer people sent me.(9) How can anyone touched by the eloquent pages of Anne Frank's diary become an anti-Semite?(10) All participants completed a stress scale questionnaire and kept a daily food diary .(11) I resolved to keep a diary of events during the war(12) In either case, keep a diary or other written record of events.(13) Now, after a winter away from performing, Suzy has a diary full of engagements once more.(14) You may recall that on his recent tour, Eric Idle kept a witty, engrossing day-to-day online diary .(15) It is difficult to be inspired to keep up with a pen and paper diary because it takes so long to finish each entry.(16) A video diary was kept during the trip and has been used to produce a TV documentary.
(1) keep a diary :: psát si deník
(2) desk diary :: diář
(3) video diary :: video deník
(4) daily diary :: denní diář
1. appointment book ::
2. journal ::
diaries, diarist, diarists, diary
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
At the Citadel,
I transcribed a High Septon's DIARY.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
has some saucy passages.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
Is this, like, a DIARY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
- It's almost like I'm reading her DIARY.
- It's exactly what it's like. Keep reading.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
...of Diary of Anne Frank
above a bowling alley.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
English to Czech Dictionary: diary
Meaning and definitions of diary, translation in Czech
language for diary with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of diary in Czech and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'diary'
What diary means in Czech, diary meaning
in Czech, diary
definition, examples and pronunciation
of diary in Czech language.