Adverb(1) to certain extent or degree(2) without favoring one party, in a fair evenhanded manner(3) in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating
(1) So in each case, it tends to be fairly extreme behaviour that's likely to give rise to liability.(2) Uh Huh Her was written and recorded entirely in her Dorset home, and is a fairly extreme reaction to her previous work.(3) I was fairly certain she had nothing to do with the affair(4) Their governing principles require that banks act fairly and reasonably in dealings with customers.(5) I have any number of fairly prurient interests, among them, a penchant for gossip columns.(6) We're fairly surprised that Whitney and Bobby are now officially the tackiest couple of the year.(7) Iranians come from a fairly different culture in regard to the interaction between women and men.(8) There was nothing to this and by the time I'd gone a block, I was fairly speeding along.(9) It's still fairly big and quite bulky but we're gradually getting there.(10) Between these two extremes the mountains are fairly barren with only little pockets of fertile soil.(11) The dramatist chooses those motives as fairly and as honestly as he can.(12) In the history of empire and colonialism, the voices raised in dissent are fairly few actually.(13) Many are nursing painful losses and are likely to give a fairly rude response when asked to support the next foreign Aim float.(14) If there was a slip it was simply a slip, but the reasons are fairly obvious.(15) You would be fairly surprised at some of the people who smoke cannabis.(16) He quite fairly observed that he hadn't really played backgammon before.
(1) fairly well :: docela dobře
(2) fairly good :: docela dobrý
(3) fairly tall :: docela vysoký
(4) fairly often :: poměrně často
(5) fairly large :: Celkem velký
(6) fairly simple :: poměrně jednoduchý
(7) treat fairly :: zacházet spravedlivě
3. fair ::
4. somewhat ::
1. dirty ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Four are FAIRLY close to you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
Are you FAIRLY regular?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
That seems FAIRLY conclusive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
a FAIRLY well-reasoned argument.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
This should be FAIRLY easy to deduce.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
English to Czech Dictionary: fairly
Meaning and definitions of fairly, translation in Czech
language for fairly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fairly in Czech and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fairly'
What fairly means in Czech, fairly meaning
in Czech, fairly
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fairly in Czech language.