Adjective(1) (quantifier(2) relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent(3) relatively many but unspecified in number(4) remarkable
Adverb(1) (of quantities
(1) A large number of protesters were drinking beer and wine, and some were obviously drunk.(2) So why not waste some more money and build another airport to match with the new stadium.(3) I know for the most part the sums are not huge, but they could at least put some effort into knowing what is going on.(4) he played some records for me(5) This presumably included Neapolitans but at least they have some nice love songs and this is one.(6) I still have some(7) she married some newspaper magnate twice her age(8) he left, for some reason or other(9) This will a great free day out watching some of the finest trials riders doing something different.(10) There are some records that are just evil, and this is worse than most of them.(11) that was some goal(12) Whatever you do, wherever you go, as long as you have access to some money you won't go far wrong.(13) All he has to do is wait some thirty years for his actual death to catch up with him.(14) surely some have noticed(15) I work some days but not others(16) it's having some effect
(1) some people :: někteří lidé
(2) some time :: Nějaký čas
(3) some day :: někdy
(4) some more :: něco víc
(5) some of them :: někteří z nich
(6) to some extent :: do určité míry
(7) some money :: nějaké peníze
(8) get some :: sehnat
(9) after some time :: po určité době
(10) some days :: několik dní
1. approximately ::
2. or so ::
3. more or less ::
4. about ::
5. close to ::
6. just about ::
7. around ::
8. roughly ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They have SOME board games.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
Like, I love me SOME Clooney.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
I didn't know what you liked,
so I got you SOME of each.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
It's just a haircut
and SOME clothes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
and SOME months later I broke into here,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Czech Dictionary: some
Meaning and definitions of some, translation in Czech
language for some with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of some in Czech and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'some'
What some means in Czech, some meaning
in Czech, some
definition, examples and pronunciation
of some in Czech language.