Noun(1) a movable organ for flying (one of a pair(2) one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane(3) a stage area out of sight of the audience(4) a unit of military aircraft(5) the side of military or naval formation(6) a hockey player stationed in a forward position on either side(7) (in flight formation(8) a group within a political party or legislature or other organization that holds distinct views or has a particular function(9) the wing of a fowl(10) a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud(11) an addition that extends a main building
Verb(1) travel through the air; be airborne
(1) the convent was at some distance, but fear would wing her steps(2) The wing had one mission-ready squadron and was working on building its second when Sept.11 events changed things.(3) The meat of the wing is shinnied down the main bone and wrapped with the skin around one end.(4) rear wing(5) The first floor of the main wing of the building was destroyed and it was believed a chimney at the back of the building may have been left unstable.(6) Umaga believes he is becoming more aware of the centre's responsibilities after starting the season still playing like a wing .(7) He also served with the Royal Jordanian Airforce anti-tank wing where he received his wings as a Cobra attack pilot.(8) So she sent her magic into the bird and concentrated it on the broken wing and felt the bone re-knitting.(9) Still painfully wounded, he helped the tail gunner out to the wing of the aircraft so the other crewmembers could help them onto a waiting boat.(10) political wing(11) The bedrooms are off a separate wing behind the reception rooms.(12) When the elevator doors next opened, it was to a corridor identical to the one Elvis and Lucifel had left behind in the east wing of dormitories.(13) Ms Reid was a one time member of the Official Republicans movement and later joined Irish Republican Socialist Party, the political wing of the INLA.(14) It had a broken rear window and damage to the near side front wing , probably several hundreds of pounds worth of damage.(15) It is about serving the people in the squadron command and wing .(16) We have no combat air wing , and our air force has broken down.
(1) chicken wing :: kuřecí křidélko
(2) right-wing :: pravé křídlo
(3) wing nut :: wing nut
(4) wing mirror :: vnější zrcátka
(5) wing attack :: útok křídly
(6) left-wing :: levé křídlo
(7) wing it :: wing ji
(8) on the wing :: na křídle
1. pinion ::
2. part ::
3. faction ::
4. extension ::
5. fender ::
6. flank ::
7. backstage ::
8. fly ::
9. hurtle ::
10. wound ::
wing, winged, winger, wingers, winging, wingless, winglike, wings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and it slides right off,
like rain off a WING.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
why'd you come all this way
just to climb under my WING?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
Would you get your Delta Wing Raptor
and join me?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
- Well, no. We sort of decided to WING it.
- Oh, even I know that's lame.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
or "they put a chicken WING
in my ear..." I mean...
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
English to Czech Dictionary: wing
Meaning and definitions of wing, translation in Czech
language for wing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wing in Czech and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'wing'
What wing means in Czech, wing meaning
in Czech, wing
definition, examples and pronunciation
of wing in Czech language.