Noun(1) a person who travels by foot
Adjective(1) lacking wit or imagination
(1) Halfway through this fairly pedestrian game matters were poised on a knife-edge.(2) There is a good sting in its tail but it hardly justifies the one hundred pedestrian minutes which precede it.(3) In spite of the glowing praise on the back cover, it turned out to be very pedestrian and hum-drum.(4) Otherwise the same old struggle to make sense of what looks like very pedestrian work from last week.(5) His descriptions are often quite pedestrian and sometimes strangely inept.(6) The performance is so pedestrian it practically gets run over by a goey-filled truckie.(7) Ironic that a comic with such revolutionary ideas should have such pedestrian objectives.(8) The second half was more pedestrian due to some extent to the pitch cutting up and also to Borris' big lead.(9) It's often imaginative, but the choppy and pedestrian delivery strongly stunts the acidic flavour.(10) The new crossing would improve conditions both for pedestrians and vehicles.(11) She said they had complained that cars and other vehicles ignore it and fail to stop for pedestrians .(12) Chiswick residents claim the crossing is dangerous for drivers and pedestrians .(13) Both have footpaths which have been widened over recent years to accommodate pedestrians .(14) Vehicles and pedestrians can still use Bank Street but it is taking away some of the parking space.(15) We would like to see pedestrians given priority over vehicles on all park roads.(16) He was far too large for the traffic and pedestrians to avoid, but both consciously tried to do so.
(1) pedestrian crossing :: přechod pro chodce
(2) pedestrian zone :: pěší zóna
(3) pedestrian street :: pěší zóny
(4) pedestrian precinct :: pěší zóna
(5) pedestrian traffic :: chodců
(6) pedestrian bridge :: most pro chodce
1. dull ::
2. boring ::
3. tedious ::
4. monotonous ::
5. uneventful ::
6. unremarkable ::
7. tiresome ::
8. wearisome ::
9. uninspired ::
10. unimaginative ::
11. unexciting ::
12. uninteresting ::
14. unvarying ::
15. unvaried ::
16. repetitive ::
17. routine ::
18. commonplace ::
19. workaday ::
20. ordinary ::
21. everyday ::
22. run-of-the-mill ::
23. mundane ::
24. humdrum ::
25. plain-vanilla ::
26. walker ::
27. person on foot ::
28. foot traffic ::
1. absorbing ::
2. engaging ::
3. engrossing ::
4. interesting ::
5. intriguing ::
pedestrian, pedestrianization, pedestrianize, pedestrianizes, pedestrians
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Please. No, nothing so PEDESTRIAN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
"What is the most mind-numbing,
PEDESTRIAN job conceivable?"
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
English to Czech Dictionary: pedestrian
Meaning and definitions of pedestrian, translation in Czech
language for pedestrian with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pedestrian in Czech and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'pedestrian'
What pedestrian means in Czech, pedestrian meaning
in Czech, pedestrian
definition, examples and pronunciation
of pedestrian in Czech language.